Ride Smart: The Pro Tips Biking Checklist
Prep for your next ride with our Pro Tips biking checklist.
Beginner Bike Riding Skills
Learn these four key bike riding skills to develop into a more skilled, confident rider.
Key Items to Bring When Bike Riding
Whether you’re hitting the trails or getting out on the road, you’re going to want to be prepared for your bike riding experience, and that means getting equipped with the right gear.
Learn More About Cycling Apparel
Cycling Apparel & Gear for the Road or Trail
High-performance cycling clothing keeps you comfortable in the saddle. Get the latest cycling apparel at DICK'S Sporting Goods.
When you’re logging miles, you need cycling clothing that offers comfort, stretch and all-weather protection. Performance fabrics and utility designs ensure you’re always ready to go the distance. Browse cycling apparel, including:
Outfit yourself in streamlined jerseys and lightweight jackets that shield against wind and chill. Experience a compression fit with cycling shorts, tights and pants for men and women, designed to reduce drag and promote aerodynamics. Off-road riders enjoy the trail in more relaxed-fitting apparel built for durability and abrasion resistance.
Get a better grip with cycling gloves that provide an ergonomic fit. Shop men's and women's cycling shoes, which feature a low-profile design and breathable feel. Pick up the gear you love from the brands you trust, like Nishiki® and Canari®.
Tips for Finding the Right Cycling Apparel
Use these tips to find the right cycling clothing for your next ride.
- For the streamlined feel cyclists crave, look for friction-free fabrications that help prevent chafing and irritation as you move. Performance fabrics that increase air flow and wick away perspiration allow for a fresh, comfortable ride.
- Zippered shirts and jackets allow you to customize your level of warmth. Layer for unpredictable weather with tank tops and zip-up jackets and gain protection from Mother Nature in biking apparel designed with a weather-resistant finish. When temperatures drop, look for cold-weather gear, like leg and arm warmers.
- Maintain your grip with cycling gloves designed for a flexible, comfortable fit. Choose gloves designed with details like gel palm pads, extra knuckle protection and mesh or perforated paneling that increases air circulation, so you're never tempted to take them off as you ride. For maximum hand mobility, choose fingerless cycling gloves.
- Road cyclists need to stay visible, so pick up cycling clothing designed with reflective elements.
- Whether you're taking on mountain trails or cruising city streets, look for biking apparel designed with UV ray-blocking fabrication for extra protection from the sun.
Keep your bike in excellent condition with DICK’S in-store bike services, including bike maintenance, tune-ups, repairs and installations.