How to Buy Wrestling Shoes
Dominate on the mat with footwear that will allow you to take down the competition.
Gridiron Guide: How to Buy the Right Football Cleats
No matter if you are a defensive back, quarterback or lineman, you need cleats that offer traction, support and comfort.
How to Buy the Right Baseball Cleats
Get a leg up on your competition with the best baseball cleats for your game.
How to Care for Your Soccer Cleats
Know the proper way to clean your cleats to help ensure you get the most out of your footwear investment.
Five Tips for Buying Kids’ Soccer Cleats
Our soccer experts have a few pointers for finding the right youth soccer footwear for your budding athlete.
How to Choose the Right Cross Country Shoes
Your footwear can make or break a race. Make sure you go the extra mile with the best pair of cross country shoes for you.
Learn More About Cleats
Find Your Fit: Cleats From DICK'S Sporting Goods
Get the game-changing traction you need on the playing field with sports cleats from DICK'S Sporting Goods.
Cleats specially designed for your game offer the exact fit, support and traction you need for practice or play. And the latest footwear is designed to blend comfort, speed and traction-so you can make the most of your time on the field.
Soccer cleats, baseball cleats and softball cleats are low profile and aerodynamic for fluid movement on the field. Football cleats offer the support players need on the gridiron. Lacrosse cleats provide a game-specific level of support for lax players.
Shop all footwear at DICK'S Sporting Goods and find tech-infused cleats from top brands, including:
What to Look for in Cleats
Cleats are an essential part of your game. And no matter your sport, they’ve got to deliver uncompromising support. Cleats specially designed for your sport will perform best on the field. Keep in mind these factors when making your selection:
- Choose cleats with an adaptive, streamlined fit. Perforated sockliners offer breathability during grueling games. Moisture-wicking technology in your cleat helps manage and minimize sweat, keeping you comfortable during play.
- Next, think about the level of ankle support you need on the field. Low-profile ankle cuffs are great for fluid footwork—they’re lightweight and make for easy maneuvering. High-top cleats help shield your ankles against twists and turns. Those who want to strike a balance should choose mid-cut shoes.
- An EVA-cushioned midsole provides comfort and reduces muscle strain in the foot. Look for a tongue that delivers a lock-down fit that contours naturally to the shape of your foot.
- Choose between molded or removable spikes. Spikes affixed to the sole of the shoe deliver versatility on a variety of playing surfaces, while removable spikes enable you to change worn spikes without discarding your shoe. Consider whether plastic or metal spikes meet your local sporting regulations.
- Cleats perform an important function on the field—providing critical grip, support and stability. But you can also make your mark on the game with a variety of colors, features and styles.