Choosing The Best Archery Arrow
You can buy the most advanced bow on the planet, but it will never perform up to its full potential without the right arrow. Consider the following when buying your next batch.
Archery for Beginners: Must-Have Gear
Joining the archery community for the first time or jumping back onto the scene? You’re going to need some gear to get started. Take a look at our list of gear needed to get started in archery.
How to Choose an Archery Release
Take aim with confidence this bowhunting season using these tips to find the best bow release for you.
Learn More About Bow & Arrow Archery Supplies
Archery Equipment: Bows, Arrows and more at DICK'S
Whether for sport or hunting, take aim with top archery equipment from DICK'S Sporting Goods.
Experienced and novice archers alike can prep for their shot with the industry's latest recurve bows, compound bows and crossbows. Load your weapon with carbon and aluminum arrows and bolts—all designed for excellent durability, speed and energy transfer.
Remember, if you find a lower price on a bow somewhere else, we’ll match it with our Best Price Guarantee.
Select from high-quality recurve, crossbow and compound bow models:
- Recurve Bows, Traditional Bows & Longbows: Recurve bows are also called "traditional" bows and have tips that curve away from the archer as they draw. These models store energy efficiently to deliver greater speed to the arrow. They are easy to handle, featuring a compact design with slim grips and a smooth draw. Longbows offer the most basic bow design and are sleek and lightweight for an efficient shot.
- Crossbows: This system features a bow attached to a stock and lever. When the archer releases the lever, an arrow, or bolt, shoots from the mechanism. These bows have a much greater firing range than a recurve bow. They do, however, require more time to load.
- Compound Bows: These bows use a system of cables and pulleys, known as cams, to bend the bow's limbs. A cable is attached to each of the bow's cams. As the cables draw back, the cams turn to bend the bow's limbs. Stiff limbs create significant energy transfer during the draw.
Protect your bow with bow cases for crossbows, compound bows and more from DICK'S Sporting Goods.
Choose the Right Arrows & Accessories
Learn more about the archery equipment available at DICK’S Sporting Goods:Arrows & Bolts
Archery arrows and crossbow bolts come in a variety of weights, lengths and materials.
- Aluminum arrows are highly popular for their strength, flexibility and durability. Carbon arrows are ultra lightweight for excellent speed and energy transfer.
- Arrow length is critical for safety and accuracy. Arrows that are too short or too long can hinder your ability to hit your target.
- Youth arrows are perfect for beginners and properly sized for youth archers.
Practice makes for a perfect shot, so get ready for your next hunt with archery targets for your backyard or open field. Go for the realism of 3D targets or opt for more basic foam blocks, bags and targets.
Think about your bow’s draw weight. Draw weight denotes the amount of strength required to draw back a bow. Most adult archers can use a bow with a draw weight of 50 to 70 pounds. Youth bows have a much lighter draw weight. Always consult product information before making your selection.
You should also consider the draw length of your bow. To determine the proper draw length for you, make a fist with your bow hand and hold it outward, as if you are shooting a bow. Have another person measure the distance from the end of your hand to the corner of your mouth. Select a bow with a draw length near this measurement.